It’s November! You know what that means! It’s basically Christmas (seriously though, I can’t wait – Merry Christmas!). The greatest part of the holidays is the food, the smell of Christmas trees, the cold refreshing air, and last but never the least, holiday hair! Nothing is cuter during the holidays than a big comfy (and cute!) sweater, jeans, boots, and new, beautiful hair. Having a holiday hair dilemma? Not an issue! Here’s some of our favorite holiday looks:
Holiday Look 1 – Half Up, Half Down
This simple, yet so elegant style is always a favorite! When you realize on a Monday morning that you’re late for work/school, and don’t have ANY time to do your hair, this look is pretty and presentable. The style has easily become a versatile look. It’s wearable on our lazy days, but is also as quick and easy to dress up for a formal occasion, such as a Christmas party.
- Start with blowdried hair – preferably 2 day old hair, as styles like this hold better on unclean hair. Make sure to brush out the tangles!
- With a comb, part your hair in half starting at your temples and move it diagonally back and up. This will allow the part line to be invisible, and look more natural.
- With the top, you can style it into a straight ponytail, but for some extra “oopmh” add cute braids and twists! From here, tie into a pony tail.
- From under the ponytail, grab an inch wide section to wrap around the elastic to hide the band. Bobby pin this parting in place, behind the pony tail. Make sure it is secure against your scalp to ensure it doesn’t come loose.
- And voila! For extra formality, add some loose curls/waves and spritzing some beach spray in for a more textured, tousled feel.
Holiday Look 2 – Low Side Bun
Low side buns are a quick, but cute way to make sure we’re arriving to the holiday party on time, even though we just rolled out of bed 15 minutes ago (we HAVE to stop staying up late drinking hot chocolate and waiting for Santa Claus, ugh!). Like the half up, half down look, it’s often been a staple lazy day look. No worries! With 10 minutes to spare we might have a few tricks up our sleeve to dress it up!
- Starting on unclean hair, spray your roots with a dry shampoo. This will give your hair a textured feel, and good hold.
- Curl your hair in 2-3 inch chunks with a one inch curling iron, this doesn’t have to be perfect as we’re going to be putting it up anyways.
- Run your fingers through the curls to give some volume, we want our bun to look as full as possible.
- With an elastic, tie your hair to the side you like best. Preferably the opposite side of where you parted.
- Tip: for extra cuteness, add some twists/braids to your ponytail, they will pop when it is shown through your bun.
- If you have bangs, side sweep them into your bun, or leave them out (side note: curling your bangs and leaving it outside the bun is GORG)
- Loosely wrap your ponytail around the elastic, and secure with another. Add bobby pins to the bun for extra security.
Holiday Look 3 – The Side Sweep
This is by far the easiest, most stunning looks. The side sweep is great for showing off a nice, strong jawline. It’s one of the most highly worn hairstyles on the red carpet, and probably looks even better when rocked opening Christmas presents!
- For a neater, sleeker look, try this on clean hair. For more volume, unclean hair works perfectly.
- Start by parting your hair on the side you prefer – under this parting you have options, girlfriend! For a sleek feel, using a little gel and a bristle brush, slowly brush your hair straight to the back. Secure at the nape of your neck with bobby pins. Don’t worry about those little guys being seen, we’ll be covering them! You can also leave a small section out to curl in the end, or french braid your hair all the way down to the nape. Spray with a little hair spray to make sure your 10-minute master piece doesn’t fall apart!
- With the remaining hair, add curls or loose waves to play up your look.
Holiday Look 4 – Sleek Pony Tail
Now, if you REALLY don’t have time, we’ve got something for you too, babe! The sleek ponytail is essential when you’re running low on time, but still want to look cute. This look can be easily dressed up with a nice cat eye, and red lip (channeling Beyonce).
- Depending on your preference of parting, part your tresses down the middle or side.
- With a bristle brush and a strong hold gel, brush hair flat all the way to the nape of the neck.
- Secure with an elastic, and flat iron your ponytail if needed.
- Spray the base with a little bit of hair spray/spray oil for a nice hold and shine